|Credit: Anam Cara: http://cake-decorating.livejournal.com/932249.html|
- Cake mix
- Chocolate Frosting
- Pirouette cookies "sticks"
- Melted butterscotch for orange flames
- Cinnamon hard candies for red flames
- Make two 8" cakes, cool and frost.
- Meanwhile, melt orange butterscotch candies in a double boiler
- In separate boiler, melt red candies
- When smooth, lay out a sheet of wax paper on a cookie sheet
- Poor and spread butterscotch with spatula, then swirl in liquid red candy
- Let cool for atleast 1 hr in refrigerator
- break apart and use as flames (one large peak for center and smaller jagged pieces for around large flame)
- Arrange cookie sticks for logs.
What are your family's favorite cake designs that are unconventional?